How do we govern your use of our service?
• 1.1 This Service is owned and operated by Celcic Publications Limited, a company registered in Nigeria with its registered office at AURA.
• 1.2 Where we use the term "Service" we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or other service, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
• 1.3 Where we refer to "Content" we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Service, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
• 1.4 Where we refer to "Celcic", "we", "us" and "our" we mean Celcic Publications Limited, its group companies and assigns and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives.
• 1.5 Where we refer to "you" and "your" this means or relates to you the user.
2. Age Limit
• 2.1 You must be at least 16 years of age in order to use the Service.
• 2.2 We strongly recommend that if you are 16 years of age or older but not yet 18, kindly ask your parents for permission before sending any information about yourself to anyone over the internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
3. Third party links, service providers and linking to the Service
• 3.1 The Service may include links to services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those third parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those services may collect. Linking to any other service or website from this Service is at your own risk.
• 3.3 Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with this Service must not
◦ 3.3.1 create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
◦ 3.3.2 harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
◦ 3.3.3 imply that Celcic is endorsing it or its products or services;
◦ 3.3.4 use any Celcic Trade Mark (as defined in clause 8.2 below) without permission from us;
◦ 3.3.5 infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
◦ 3.3.6 contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to Celcic reputation or commercial interests.
4. Use of the Service by You
• 4.1 You may retrieve and display Content from this Service on a computer screen or other device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content. You agree to use the Service only for your own personal non-commercial use and lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
◦ 4.2.1 in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
◦ 4.2.2 in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
◦ 4.2.3 for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
◦ 4.2.4 to send, knowingly receive, upload, submit download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Acceptable Content Policy below;
◦ 4.2.5 to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
◦ 4.2.6 to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
◦ 4.2.7 to copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Service, including by an automated or manual process or otherwise;
• 4.3 Other than connecting to Celcic servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Celcic servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise.
• 4.4 You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Service or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Service.
5. Content by You or other users
• 5.1 "UGC" means any Content that you or other users upload, submit or make available to the Service.
• 5.2 You understand that your communications on the Service are not private or confidential and may be viewed by others accessing the Service.
• 5.4 We reserve the right to, but undertake no duty to, review, edit, move or delete any UGC in our sole discretion and without notice.
• 5.5 We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted as UGC. Any information or material placed online by other users of the Service, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the view of Celcic. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we have no responsibility or liability to you for UGC including for any failure to or delay in removing UGC. If you have a complaint about any UGC, see the Complaints section below.
• 5.6 You are solely responsible for your UGC and may be held liable for UGC that you post. In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable Content Policy and not submit UGC that:
◦ 5.6.1 Is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable.
◦ 5.6.2 impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of Celcic or its companies or business partners.
◦ 5.6.3 you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal.
◦ 5.6.4 promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
◦ 5.6.5 contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
◦ 5.6.6 imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service's infrastructure, or otherwise adversely affects, restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
◦ 5.6.7 contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routine.
• 5.7 When you submit UGC, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable licence to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your UGC.
6. Competitions and Prizes
7. Additional Rules
8. Intellectual Property Rights
• 8.1 All Content and other material on the Service is owned by us or our third party licensors (and is protected by international copyright, trade dress, design, patent, and trade mark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved to us and our licensors.
• 8.2 You acknowledge that AURA and any other brands or logos that belong to us within the Service are Celcic trade marks (the "Celcic Trade Marks") and that you may not use them without written permission from Celcic.
• 8.3 You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, patent, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Service. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from.
• 8.4 Making unauthorised copies of Content found on this Service may result in the prohibition of your use of the Service and further legal action.
• 9.1 We respect the intellectual property and other rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe the rights of others.
• 9.2 Copyright: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Service contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please contact us.
• 9.3 Defamation: If you believe that another user has defamed you on the site through their UGC, please follow this link to inform us. You will need to give use certain information to allow us to investigate properly.
11. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
• 11.1 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that your use of the Service is at your own risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis for your use, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Celcic and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives hereby expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral, in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the Service.
• 11.2 Celcic does not represent or warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Service. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the Service at times or locations of your choosing, or that we will have adequate capacity for the Service as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
• 11.3 In no event shall Celcic or its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, be liable for direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from your use of the Service, the internet or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Service, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Service, your use of or reliance on the Service or any of the information or materials available on the Service, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions, liability shall be limited to the full extent permitted by law. Celcic does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any third party product or service offered through the Service and will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
• 11.4 Liability will not be limited in the case of fraudulent misrepresentations, death or personal injury directly caused by their negligence, or any other liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of applicable law.
We have the right to terminate your use of or ability to access the Service, for any reason, without notice.
14. Brand Safety Policy
Celcic values our advertisers and takes brand safety very seriously.
In order to achieve this and minimise the risk of misplaced ads we have strict internal policies that we adhere to for all campaigns we manage.
All digital advertising campaigns are managed by our in-house Ad-Operations team using the latest technology and verification techniques and served through Google DoubleClick for Publishers, our ad server.
Are placed in a high quality, brand safe editorial environment for advertisers with no user generated content.
No ads are placed on third party sites.
In the unfortunate event that an advert is displayed on content the advertiser considers inappropriate, Celcic will remove this advert within no more than 24 hours.
Upon raising this issue our Ad Operations team will remove any activity deemed in breach of our contractual obligations.
Celcic partners with third party technologies including Google Double Click, Rubicon and Teads to deliver efficient ad serving.